Parenting for Positive Self-Worth is a follow-up program to MSOYW. Students will be taught how to take what you have learned about your own self-worth and pass it on to their children and help them, too, to grow towards healthier self-worth. Students will be given parenting strategies that help you attune to your child’s needs. Students will be guided into how to be an agent of healing for their children who have experienced trauma. The goal is empowered, encouraged parents and happier, more connected children.
The Parenting for Positive Self-Worth curriculum is based on Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI®) developed by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Dr. David Cross from the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University.
Parenting for Positive Self-Worth is all about bringing healing and positive self-worth to your children. In class you will learn:
· how to connect with your child in a deep and meaningful way
· how to empower your child to be successful each day
· how to correct behavior while establishing positive self-worth in the child
· how to model and teach self-regulation and using words to express emotions to
get needs met
· how to redo behavior in the most appropriate ways
· how to help your child connect to others and build healthy relationship skills.
There are eight 2-hour sessions, Class size is limited to 12.
Students may attend person in the Atlanta, GA area by appointment or virtually over Zoom.
The total cost for the class and all the materials is $300
Please email us if you are in need of financial assistance. We do not want to exclude anyone for financial reasons.
This class will be held every Thursday 6:30pm-8:30pm beginning September 7th and ending October 19th. Use the button below to sign up! Additionally, Groups of 6-12 can sign up to take the class on personalized dates at no extra cost.